What is a CT scan and what is it for?
Also known as a CAT scan, a CT scan uses X-rays to produces cross-sectional images of bones and soft tissues. This lets doctors see specific parts at different depths in detail, through the brain and body.
What are common reasons to have a CT scan?
CT scans are commonly used to detect internal injuries and bleeding, muscles and bone disorders, and tumours. It’s also used to evaluate a stroke.
What are common CT scans?
- Head and brain CT scan: For brain injuries, tumours, aneurysms or internal bleeding.
- Chest and abdomen CT scan: For tumours or other abnormalities in organs such as the liver, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, bowel, and adrenal glands.
- Bone and spine CT scan: Detect bone and joint issues, such as osteoporosis, spine pain and tumours.
- Pelvic organs CT scan: Evaluate the reproductive organs, including the prostate, testicles, uterus, cervix, and ovaries.
- Sinus CT scan: Check for inflammatory diseases such as chronic sinusitis.
- CT DentaScan: Used for planning jaw or dental surgery, as well as measuring bone loss/gain.
- Chest/lung CT scan: Used to detect lung cancer.
- Cardiac CT angiography: Also known as a C Scan, is used to diagnose cardiac issues to prevent future cardiac events and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- CT colonography: A “virtual” colonoscopy, designed to screen for polyps or cancer in the large intestine.
Why visit False Creek Healthcare Centre for your CT scan?
Advanced CT Scanner
At False Creek Healthcare Centre in Vancouver, we perform CT scans with a GE LightSpeed VCT 64-Slice CT scanner. It uses the latest in scanning technology to produce images of unprecedented detail and with a much lower radiation dosage than other CT scanners. The scans occur within seconds, even between breaths, resulting in sharper image quality with less blurring.
With our expedited service, you’ll avoid a waiting list and avoid the stress of being on hold to get the diagnosis and treatment you need. As our one of our patients, you’ll get all the benefits our centre offers:
- Access care sooner by avoiding long wait times
- Get faster diagnostic tests and scans
- Receive high quality, affordable health services
- Gain access to the expertise of Canada’s top physicians
- Be treated in surgical centres that meet strict accreditation and regulatory standards
- Benefit from centres that use state of the art technology and techniques
- Enjoy our continuity of care approach, encompassing diagnosis, and surgery
If you have any questions or would like to book a consultation, contact our Centre today.