Winnipeg is home to Maples Surgical Centre, a multidisciplinary healthcare centre that’s been a mainstay in the city since 2001. At Maples Surgical Centre, a variety of services are available, including expedited surgeries and consultations that are performed at the convenience of the patient and surgeons.
If you’re new to this prairie town, you may be surprised at the plethora of activities and things to see in this windy city. We’ve partnered with Tourism Winnipeg to give you this comprehensive list of the Top 10 Things to do in Winnipeg.
Top 10 Things to do in Winnipeg
2. Be inspired to make a difference when you journey from darkness to light through the interactive galleries of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg’s architectural marvel.
3. Encounter 30 grunting bison, paddle a massive voyageur canoe, and explore a Plains Cree Tipi during A Prairie Legacy: The Bison and its People eco-tour at FortWhyte Alive.
4. Admire the stunning Chicago-style architecture and learn the fascinating stories behind the Exchange District on a walking tour through this National Historic Site.
5. Celebrate Canada’s fur trade history through authentic food, entertainment and snow sculptures at Festival du Voyageur – Western Canada’s largest winter festival. (February 14 – 23, 2020)
6. Unwind at Thermëaby Nordik Spa-Nature, renowned for its Scandinavian-style body treatments, Finnish saunas, steam rooms, thermal pools and delicious dining – which you can do in your robe!
7. View the world’s largest public collection of contemporary Inuit art at the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
8. Decode the mysteries and secrets hidden within the Manitoba Legislative Building’s grand architecture on a guided Hermetic Code Tour.
9. Discover how millions of coins from across the globe are made on a tour of the Royal Canadian Mint.
10. View the city’s sites from the Assiniboine and Red Rivers while being regaled with witty historical commentary on a Splash Dash Guided River Tour.
Courtesy of Tourism Winnipeg