Dr. Ryan T Mitchell
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Orthopedic / Plastic - Hand & Wrist, Cosmetic Surgery - Breast, Cosmetic Surgery - Body
Dr. Mitchell returns to the Section of Plastic Surgery at the University of Manitoba after obtaining both Canadian and American board certifications in Plastic Surgery. Dr. Mitchell completed his residency training in 2013 at the University of Manitoba and was accepted and completed a prestigious world-renowned Fellowship in Body Contouring at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. For the last 2 years he has been in private practice in Michigan and we are excited to have him back home.
Dr. Mitchell is Manitoba’s only Fellowship trained Plastic Surgeon with expertise in body contour correction for individuals who have undergo a significant weight loss.
Dr. Mitchell is known for his dedication to excellence in patient care, surgical skills, and passion for plastic surgery. He listens carefully to your personal goals, explains surgical and non-surgical options, and strives to provide safe results that exceed your expectations.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Bachelor of Science - University of Calgary - Calgary, Alberta 2004
- Medical Undergraduate -University of Calgary Class of 2008 – Calgary, AB, Canada
- Post Graduate Medical Education - Section of Plastic Surgery 2013 - University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
- Fellow in Body Contouring - Division of Plastic Surgery 2014 – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, United States of America
Achievements & Awards
- American Board Certification in Plastic Surgery – Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (2015)
- State of Michigan Medical License – 4301106058 (2014)
- Canadian Board Certification in Plastic Surgery – Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (2013)
- State of Pennsylvania Medical License - MD448689 (2013)
- Research Development Grant – University of Manitoba Department of Surgery (2011)