Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde
Orthopedic - Hip, Orthopedic - Knee
Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde is an Orthopaedic Trauma and Adult Hip and Knee Replacement surgeon at Centric Health Surgical Centre Toronto, with a special interest in revision and complex cases.
In addition to Total and Partial Knee Replacement procedures, Dr. Rodriguez-Elizalde provides the Direct Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery using the Hana Table at Centric Health Surgical Centre Toronto. The Direct Anterior technique involves operating from the front of the thigh to reach the hip joint versus the traditional approach via the side or back which involves the cutting and reattaching of the tendons and muscles to reach the hip. This technique allows for more stability post-operatively and less immediate surgical pain as compared to traditional hip replacement.
Dr. Rodriguez-Elizalde completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Ottawa, after which he was accepted for Fellowship training at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.
After returning to Canada, he completed another Fellowship in Orthopaedic Trauma at Sunnybrook Hospital. Dr. Rodriguez-Elizalde completed a Lower Limb Reconstruction fellowship at Mount Sinai hospital with Dr. Backstein at the University of Toronto. Most recently, he has completed his Masters in Health Administration from the University of Toronto's Dalla Lana School of Public Health.
Dr. Rodriguez-Elizalde's interests are in advancing rapid surgical recovery and minimally invasive techniques, treating pre-arthritic conditions, and enhancing the patient's surgical experience.
Academically, he is actively involved in several multi-center randomized controlled trials and orthopaedic research projects across the country. He also serves as a Lecturer at the University of Toronto in the Department of Surgery.
- BSc(Hons), Life Sciences Queen's University
- MD, The University of Western Ontario
- Orthopaedic Surgical Residency, The University of Ottawa
- Fellowship, Adult Hip and Knee Reconstruction, The Hospital for Special Surgery, NY
- Fellowship, AO Orthopaedic Trauma, Sunnybrook Hospital, The University of Toronto
- Fellowship, Lower Limb Reconstruction, Mount Sinai Hospital, The University of Toronto
- MHSc, Masters of Health Administration, The Dalla Lana School of Public Health, The University of Toronto