Dr. Stephen Hunt
P. Eng, MD, FRCSC
Orthopedic - Foot & Ankle
Dr. Hunt completed medical school and his orthopedic residency in Newfoundland before coming to Calgary for fellowship in 2012. He has completed surgical fellowships in orthopedic trauma and foot and ankle surgery and is now based out of the South Heath Campus Hospital in South Calgary.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Canadian Orthopedic Association
- Canadian Medical and Biomedical Engineering Society
- Professional Society of Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Canadian Medical Association
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Alberta Medical Association
- Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association
- Orthopedic Trauma Society
- Canadian Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Alberta Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Fellow, Foot and Ankle, University of Calgary, Calgary AB, Canada 2013-2014
- Fellow, Orthopedic Trauma, University of Calgary, Calgary AB, Canada 2012-2013
- Fellow, Orthopedic Surgery, Royal College of Physicans and Surgeons Canada 2012
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s Newfoundland, Canada 2007-2012
- Professional Engineer Certification (P. Eng), Professional Society of Geoscientists and Engineers of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada 2007 - Present
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s Newfoundland, Canada 2003-2007
- Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng). Mechanical, Queen’s University at Kingston, Faculty of Applied Science, Kingston, Ontario, Canada 1996-2001
Achievements & Awards
- 2013 Norman Schachar Research Award – University of Calgary, Top research award for fellowship research.
- 2010 Outstanding Research Award – Canadian Medical and Biomechanical Engineering Society, Annual General Meeting, Vancouver.
- 2010 Couves Research Award - Memorial University Department of Surgery top research award for resident research.
- 2010 APOS Research Award – Atlantic Provinces Orthopedic Society Excellence in research honourable mention.
- 2008 Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada
- 2008 Resident Day Research Award – Memorial University of Newfoundland. Awarded Honourable mention for podium presentation.
- 2007 Dr. G Rideout Award – Memorial University of Newfoundland. Awarded for recognition of service above and beyond the call of duty in the community during an emergency situation.
- 2007 Dr. Salter Award – Memorial University of Newfoundland. Awarded for academic standing and interest in orthopedics.
- 2006 Andrew Bagby Memorial Award – Memorial University of Newfoundland. Award presented recognizing extracurricular involvement in photography.
- 2005 Rhetoric Award – University of Calgary. Award presented for skill in argument and clarity of presentation during Medicine Days podium presentation.