Dr. Heitham Gheriani
MMSc, FRCS(c), FRCSI, FRCSEd
Surgery & Consultation
Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery (Otolaryngology)
Dr Heitham Gheriani is ENT surgeon with interest in Endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery, medical and surgical treatment of chronic sinusitis, and surgical management of snoring and sleep disorder breathing.
In addition of being a staff member of False Creek Healthcare Centre, He also currently serves as a faculty of Medicine staff at University of British Columbia and attending physician at St Paul’s Hospital. He graduated from Benghazi University as a top first of the class with honours (MBChB). He has a Master degree in Medical Science from Galway University in Ireland (MMSc). He completed a residency training program in Otolaryngology in Dublin, Ireland through the Royal College of surgeons in Ireland (FRCSI). He is also certified otolaryngologist and fellow of the Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCSEd).
Dr Gheriani is also certified as a otolaryngologist and a fellow of The Royal colleges of Physicians and surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) and Holds a Full license to practice as a specialist in British Columbia from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. He holds certificate of Licentiate of Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
Dr Gheriani completed a fellowship training program in Rhinology, Endoscopic Sinus & Skull base surgery from University of British Columbia, St Paul’s Hospital in 2008.
- Fellowship University of British Columbia Vancouver, BC 2008
- Residency – Basic surgical training program followed by otolaryngology training Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Dublin, Ireland 2004
- Master Degree in Medical Sciences Galway University Galway, Ireland
- Bachelor of Medicine (Honors) Garyounis University Benghazi, Libya 1994
Achievements & Awards
- Is a clinical instructor at UBC
- Was member of Vancouver Winter Olymic (2010) medical team providing acute medical care to Olympic players and their team members
- Voluntary medical help and support to war zone region in Libya Feb-Aug 2011
- Honors in MBChB Finals, top first class rank in a group of 240 students
- Winning one of the top 10 publications in the domain of developing new grading system as assessed by BioMedLib (www.BioMedLib.com ). The winning paper is “A comparison of Two Sphenoidotomy approaches Using a Novel CT Grading System” H Gheriani, B Mechor, D Flamer, T Orton, A Javer. Published in the American Journal of Rhinology, Am J Rhinol Allergy
- Honours with prize during medical school study in Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Paediatric, Internal Medicine, Forensic Medicine & Ophthalmology.