Dr. Katherine Hsu
BSc (Hon), MD, FRCS(C)
Bariatric Surgeon, General Surgeon
Weight Loss, Surgery & Consultation
Bariatric, General Surgery
Bariatric Surgery, General Surgery
Dr. Katherine Hsu is a General and Laparoscopic Surgeon at our False Creek Healthcare Centre. She has extensive training and a proven track record in advanced laparoscopic techniques. She is also staff at the Burnaby Hospital and an Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor. Previously, she has held locum positions at Lions Gate Hospital, Surrey Memorial Hospital, Royal Jubilee Hospital/Victoria General Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, and the Pembroke General Hospital.
She received her Medical Doctorate (MD) in 2000 from the University of Western Ontario, followed by the completion of her Residency in General Surgery from the University of British Columbia. In 2004, she obtained her Masters in Surgery from the University of British Columbia and Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship from McGill University.
Dr. Hsu has been published in Digestive Disease Week, Surgical Endoscopy, and Mastery of Laparoscopic Surgery. She is conversational in Mandarin Chinese and knows some French.
- Fellowship - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship - McGill University - Montreal, Quebec City - 2007
- Residency in General Surgery - University of British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia - 2006
- Masters in Surgery - University of British Columbia - Vancouver, British Columbia - 2004
- Medical Doctorate - University of Western Ontario - London, Ontario - 2000
- Bachelors of Science (Honours) - Queen’s University - Kingston, Ontario - 1996
Achievements & Awards
- CAGS Scientific Poster Award
- UBC Surgical Research Award
- Honours in Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
- Published in Digestive Disease Week, Surgical Endoscopy, and Mastery of Laparoscopic Surgery