Dr. Kelly D. Johnston
MD, FRCS(C), BSc(Hon), FRACS
Surgery & Consultation, Orthopedic
Orthopedic - Hip, Orthopedic - Knee
Dr. Kelly Johnston is a Royal College Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with special interests in young adult hip problems; hip arthroscopy; peri-acetabular osteotomy; primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty orthopedic trauma. Apart from our Calgary Surgical Centre, Canadian Surgery Solutions, Dr. Johnston is also an attending orthopedic surgeon at Rockyview General Hospital.
He received his Medical Doctorate (MD) in 2001 from the University of Alberta and his surgical training in orthopedic surgery from the University of Calgary. He received his fellowship in Adult Reconstruction and Trauma in 2007 from the Middlemore Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand. He also obtained a Fellowship in Adult Hip Reconstruction in 2008 from the University of California, San Diego.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Association
- Medical Council of New Zealand
- Canadian Orthopaedic Association
- Alberta Medical Association
- Alberta Orthopaedic Society
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellow in Adult Reconstruction University of California San Diego, San Diego Arthritis Surgery Center, Sharp Memorial Hospital San Diego, California 2008
- Fellow in Adult Reconstruction and Trauma Middlemore Hospital Auckland, New Zealand 2007
- Fellowship Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada 2006
- Surgical Training in Orthopaedic Surgery University of Calgary Calgary, Alberta 2006
- Doctor of Medicine (Honours) University of Alberta Edmonton, Alberta 2001
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) University of Calgary Calgary, Alberta 1997
Achievements & Awards
- Top Doc: Named by Orthopedics This Week. Top 20 Shoulder Surgeon In North America (only Canadian shoulder surgeon named). June, 2015.
- Completed a One Month World Medical Mission (Samaritan’s Purse International) – Orthopedic Surgery, Angola, Africa
- Scientific Researcher/Publisher